Friday, June 1, 2012

Brainstorm What is Sucess for You

There are different levels of success. You have to determine those levels for yourself. Where do you want to be in the different areas of your life. Do you want to be married or do you just want to date. Do you want to move up in a business that is already proving its success or do you want to start your own business. Do you want to drive a super nice car or are you more interested in motorcycles.

Success is different for everyone. Some people are more interested in achieving power and status. Some people just want things in their lives. They believe the more they have the more successful they appear to be by others. Some people believe success is emotional. If you can find someone to love and to be with for life you are successful. The thing is, what is your success to you?

 Know where you are going. You don't have to know exactly where you are going, but if you don't have a general direction for your life, then you will sit there in one place not doing anything. That is the exact opposite of success. Are you worried you might be moving in the wrong direction? I don't believe that is possible. As long as you are moving towards a specific goal then you are moving towards your success.

It is true you may change your direction. In fact you may change your direction several times throughout your lifetime. That is fine. All you have to do is reset your goals to charge towards your new success. Even if you are going in the exact opposite direction your old efforts gave you the experiences that provide unique knowledge that may help you later in life.

I find that if I sit down and think about what I need to get done, I write those things down and make a simple plan to achieve those needs before I actually get started, then I am more likely to get those things done. One example is my writing. I find it difficult to just sit down and start writing. I don't know what it is. there seems to be some sort of barrier that keeps me from starting. It might be fear that I will not like what I create. It might be fear that I will run into some sort of stumbling block that will keep me from hitting my objective.

When I know I want or need to write, I will sit down on the couch away from the computer with a composition book and make a list of the objectives I need to write about. I will thing about the path my characters need to follow to get to the objective for that day. Then when I am satisfied they know where they are going, then I can sit down at the computer and start writing. Not only does this help me write a better story, I will also get more words on paper in a shorter amount of time.

You can take this way of planning and apply it to your life. Find a composition book and sit down at the kitchen table with your breakfast and start to brainstorm what you want to accomplish for the day. Write down some of the ways you can get those things done. Then sort them into a sequence that makes perfect sense for the time you have that day. You may follow that schedule, you may not, but you will be surprised at what you will get done just because you planned for it that morning.

You can do this same thing for goals that may take longer. Think about what you want to get done over the next week. Plan that out. You can write down what you want to be done in the next month or the next year or even the next ten years. You plan your life. You can get as detailed as you want with those plans. The more you plan for, the more likely you will accomplish your goals and become a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment