Monday, June 25, 2012

Organized Effort

There are many days I start work without making a plan for what I want to accomplish. These are usually the days I get very little done.

The days I tend to get a lot done are the days I get organized; the days I make a list of all the things I have to get done. The thing is, making this list doesn't take long at all. Usually it only takes at most five minutes to make this list. Most of the time I have most of the things I want to do already in my head. I just need to write them down.

I only have to write the things that are in my head at the time. As I think of other things I want to do throughout the day, all I have to do is add them to the list.

Now that I have the list I can group together the things I need to do by determining which tasks can be done at the same time. I will usually run the clothes and the dishes at the same time. Then when both are done I will empty both an put away the dishes and fold and put away the clothes.

While I am waiting for the machines to clean the dishes and the clothes, I can be writing or doing yard-work or dusting and vacuuming or any number of other tasks that need to be done.

The idea is to organize yourself. Know what needs to be done. Have a way to remember all the things that need to be done, and make that list disappear. Having a list will keep you from procrastinating, keep you from forgetting what is next when you are done with one task. It will keep you organized. 

No comments:

Post a Comment