Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Writing on the toilet

I am someone who will take something with me to write on when I go to the restroom. Sometimes because I really need to use the potty. Sometimes I'm just using the bathroom is a way to get away. Most of the time I will read. I will bring a book with me or I will surf the Internet on my smart phone or just check email. But sometimes I will use this opportunity to write.

There are many ways to write on the toilet. I find the easiest is to use the various apps available on your smart phone. I will sometimes write on the notepad or I will write in Facebook or I will write on the Blogger app.

If I don't have anything specific to be writing, I will bring my notebook and brainstorm ideas. My notebook has plenty of starting points for me. All I have to do is flip through the notebook and find something that I can build upon and start writing.

I have known people to take their laptops in the bathroom with them. I don't know if I will ever do that myself. I think a laptop on my lap while I'm trying to do my business is a little awkward. It's a lot of hardware to have to move when you need to do what you need to do.

Whether you are in the bathroom for five minutes or 25 minutes take something with you to write on. The quiet moments in this room is a great way to work out some details for a story or to outline a series of books or even just the jott down a quote that you know one of your characters is going to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment