Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Baseball excitement and battling self-doubt

I have ignited my own excitement about major-league baseball this year. It all started last week when a friend and neighbor came over with his baseball cards wanting to trade with me for a couple of rookie cards I had shown him. It made me think about all the fun I used to have watching baseball and collecting baseball cards.

This week I started looking for news and score apps to help keep me up-to-date with what is going on in baseball. I found MLB actually airs their baseball games on YouTube so you can watch them a few days after they have played. I think this will be a great way for me to watch some baseball on days when I'm home by myself and need to get a little writing done but want to watch something on TV as well.

Spring training is almost over and my team the Atlanta braves are just about ready for the beginning of the season. I am getting myself acquainted with some of the new players. What I find intriguing is many of the players these days can throw with both her left hand and their right. Some of these players on the Braves include Eric Young Jr., Nick Markakis, Freddie Freeman and Christian Betharcourt. I am interested in seeing how some of these players stack up to the other teams they will play playing over the next few months.

One of the other things I've come across is the Alanna Braves are now worth more than $1 billion. That amazes me.

I started writing some of this stuff down and hoping I will be able to use some of it in future writings or to be able to expand upon them. I don't know if I'll ever be able to use anything about baseball but people like baseball and maybe I can use it to expand on some of the things I think about.

One of the things that occurred to me this week is my reluctance to write about sensitive material. I have outlined three books about the love of God and having a relationship with God. I find many people have opposing views on some of the subjects. I have allowed the fear of what others might say keep me from writing. 

Twice this week I have been told to just write what I want to write and not to worry about what other people might say. When I allow that worry to control me then I'm allowing someone else to stop me from doing the things I enjoy. When I worry and allow my actions to reflect that worry then I automatically lose. So instead I need to sit down and write these books. So that's what I'm going to do starting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment