Friday, March 13, 2015

Ignoring Negative Reviews

I noticed this week I had a few reviews on a couple of my books. Two of them were negative. They really didn't say anything of value that would help me in the long run. One of them said the book was boring and too short. The other one said it was providing common sense and not worth the dollars spent on it.

I know it is self punishment to read your own reviews. Many people write reviews just to be mean to writers. I should not let it get to me and honestly it doesn't. What it does do is help me think about how to improve my writing in the future.

I am thinking about how I can make my writing more interesting in the upcoming books. I am also thinking about how I can go back to some of my previous books and add more content. I have some ideas to double the length of one or two of the books I already have out. I think there's more information I can provide.

I have decided I will allow these reviews to drive me rather than put me down. If I allow them to get under my skin, then I run the risk of put my writing down and never returning to it. That's not how I need to look at negative reviews. I need to use them to fuel future projects, to drive me to improve my craft and provide more valuable information for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment