Thursday, May 10, 2012

Goal Setting to Meet Stephen King

I have been reading "Wealth 101: Wealth Is Much More Than Money". There is a lot of great advice on how to live you life to the fullest in the chapters of this book. I have really been enjoying it.

There are several chapters about setting goals and focusing on one goal at a time to finish them and get passionate about them. If you can focus on one goal at a time and work on that goal without stopping, you will be able to accomplish anything you want. The authors are very realistic when they state, "You can have anything you want, but you can;t have everything you want." There are just too many things to have in the world to be able to have it all.

Because I have been getting regular emails from 43things.com about meeting Stephen King, I started thinking about ways I might be able to do this. Apart from traveling to a book signing, it is impossible for me to just go up to him and say hi. For one, I don't live anywhere near him. So I started brainstorming ideas that might make him want to meet me.

what I have decided to do is write and draw a comic that I can send to him so he can read and be impressed and maybe at least send me a letter thanking me for such great fan art. I am going so far as to keep a blog about the experience so people can read about the process. iwanttomeetstephenking.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment