Monday, May 21, 2012

Book Review: Wealth 101

I found this book at Goodwill. I like looking at the book selection they have. You'd be surprised at what you can find if you just take the time to look.

There are always a multitude of diet books and "how-to" books on their shelves. I always look around for books that talk about wealth or autobiographies of people who have made massive amounts of money. These are the books I want to read. I want to educate myself in what works for others.

I have found that if I can take in what works for them, I can usually figure out something that might work for me. I have heard it said, "Take what information you can, add the good stuff to your life. Whatever works, keep doing, then throw the rest out." I am not sure who said that, probably from some Jim Rohn Conference I listened to at one time or another.

"Wealth101: Wealth Is Much More Than Money" is the full title of this book written by Peter McWilliams. I like the way this book is built. It is not focused on money. It their definition, wealth is not the abundance of money, it is about the abundance and quality of life, your life. In fact, the book doesn't start talking about getting more money till the last 80 pages or so.

What makes this book so interesting is that it is packed with quotes from the most successful and wealthy people in the entire history of our planet. They quote everyone from Jesus to Gandhi, to Ganges Kahn to thousands of other people. They touch on everything from creating balance in your life to worry to keeping yourself motivated. There is so much great information packed in this book, I am probably going to have to read through it again, maybe even several times.

No comments:

Post a Comment