Monday, December 28, 2015

Five Alkaline Foods for Your Health


I'm trying to turn my health around. Drinking a 2 liter bottle of soda every day and eating mostly carbs at every meal is not good for me. I don't think it's good for anybody. I find my body is constantly reacting to my environment. My nose is always clogged up. I'm constantly clearing my throat. I am tired all the time, most likely to sugar crashes throughout the day. I think if I can change the types of food I put in my body I will have more energy and I will be healthy and avoid all the illnesses threatening my life today.

I'm not a doctor and you should consult your own doctor before changing your diet. The following is my opinion about what I have researched. I don't claim to be an expert. Im not responsible for your actions.

I've always been interested in the idea of my body's pH balance. Because I eat mostly carbs and sugar's, my body is always on the acidic side. It's working extra hard to get the acid out of my system to balance the pH. Because it's having to do this it's leaving my immune system susceptible to attacks and makes me sick more often then I would like to be.

The following are five areas of food I want to change and I think will help my system become more alkaline.

The biggest change I need to make is eating more vegetables. I don't eat enough, and the vegetables I do eat are very carb dense. I am used to eating things like blackeyed peas and corn. They have a lot of starch in them. The vegetables I need to eat are plants like broccoli and cauliflower, celery, cucumbers, kale, beets, etc. if I can eat darker green vegetables like peas and peppers and especially spinach, I think my body will take on more the nutrients it needs to be awake and alert more often.

Because I eat so much sugar during the day, I find my body crashes and I just want to lay down and sleep. I think a lot of that has to do with the types of sugars I consume. I eat all these processed sugars like cane sugar and candy and all the high fructose corn syrup found in cereals and soda. I think I need to change the sugars I eat to those found in fruits. Great alkaline fruits include apples and bananas and berries. Lemons and oranges, peaches and pears are all great fruits to eat that will help turn my body chemistry around. They all taste good and I think they can help me have more energy.

According to what I've read, meats cause acid buildup in your body. So if I am to eat more alkaline foods I will have to stay away from most meats making me either vegetarian or vegan depending on how far I want to go. I don't think I have to give up all meats because my body does need a balance of all kinds. I just need to reduce the amount of meat products I eat and increase the vegetable and fruit products I eat. There are other places I can get protein. Many nuts have the protein but not all of them will increase your alkaline PH. Almonds and chestnuts and even tofu are great sources of protein that will also increase alkaline in your body.

Since I am trying to avoid processed foods and products that contain the foods that give me more of an acidic pH, cooking my own food would be a great way to control the amount of bad foods going into my system. There are some great spices that benefit pH level. Some of these include cinnamon, ginger, curry, sea salt and mustard. Just because I'm trying to eat better doesn't mean I don't have to have great flavor is well.

Sodas are a horrible way to get the caffeine and sugar to keep my energy level up. The sugar only lasts for a little bit of time before my body decides to crash in beg for more sugar. Teas and coffee are better but caffeine itself is not good for me in the long run. Drinks that help with pH include things like coconut water and green tea.

My research into increasing the alkaline pH of my body has led me to a lot of great foods I can eat. It also led me to what I am not supposed to be eating like meats and soda. I'm looking forward to giving this a try and hoping I can be consistent and focused on increasing my health. If you have other options and opportunities to increase the alkaline ph in my body, please post a comment and let me know. I'm willing to try all kinds of new foods I may not have known existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment