Friday, December 11, 2015

Outlining an Epic Series

I've been working in a world that I've created that is 343 novels long. The problem I'm finding is I don't know where to start. I have all these stories I want to tell but taking on the task to link them all together in one cohesive story is overwhelming.

I have broken up my world into seven ages. Each one falls into a category I want to write about. There is a fantasy age, a contemporary and a science-fiction age. I've even come up with a way to have a sort of zombie age and a space opera age of some sort. There's plenty of post apocalyptic type moments in the story arc and the storylines are so wide and spread out that it's hard for me to pick a spot and just start writing.

I'm thinking about writing an outline for the whole series. I want to come up with people that are involved in every aspect of the story arc. I want to start laying out the plot twists and how they all interact with each other. If I can make this happen, I will have some world bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment