Thursday, December 31, 2015

Why the new Star Wars movie makes episode 1,2 and 3 better


WARNING: Spoilers Below! I finally got to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I did not go the weekend it came out, but did the following Wednesday. Everyone I wanted to go with had to work when I was off and vice versa. We had trouble getting our schedules to match up so we could go see the movie. Finally we found some time last night to go see it.

It was awesome. Since the movie came out I have not heard any bad things about it. Everyone who had seen it told me they loved it. Then I threatened them if they spoiled it for me I would unfriend them. The writing was better than episode one, two and three. For the most part they seemed to flow better. There were only a few moments of clunkiness. The dialogue was not as formal and felt more realistic. That's what threw me in episode one.

The writing was better. There was more showing and less telling. I felt in episode one the writers were trying to explain too many things and showing those things were difficult. The biggest example was the scene involving the Mediclorians and how they made Shmi pregnant without a father. 

All the dialogue seemed forced in the prequel trilogy. I think it was because the culture of that time was more formal and there were more rules about how to act and how to be proper. Most of the viewers could not relate to this time period. The emotion seemed to be hidden, suppressed, which might explain why Anakin exploded in rage.

Anakin's winneyness and temper tantrum's can be found in both Luke Skywalker and Ben Solo's attitude. There seems to be a childish side to the Darkside that only shows itself in the Male genome of the Skywalker Family. Both Leia and Rey seem to have control over their abilities and their emotions.

Loss of the Jedi order means relearning Jedi tricks, retraining lightsaber skills. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon Jin both were able to wield a lightsaber with speed and accuracy. It seems when Luke Skywalker was wielding a lightsaber he had the strength but not as much speed. I'm thinking now that he has had 20 years more experience, as he teaches Ray in the next movie he will be able to give her the speed and ability that a Jedi should have with a lightsaber.

I'm looking forward to the next two movies. I think they should step up the Jedi powers. There will be more Jedi like Master Yoda. There will be a strength that will match the powers of the Sith. There will be balance in the force.

No comments:

Post a Comment