Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Finding Time to Write Everyday

Writing four books in a month can be taxing on your time. I find moments throughout the day to put words on paper. Having to work 40 hours a week and pick up kids from school and spend time with the family in the evening including making dinner and doing laundry and making sure the house is clean and taking care of the pets it can sometimes be hard to find enough time to write down 1000 or more words every day.

There are several times during the day I actually write. I find I can write about 1000 words in about a half hour to an hour if I dictate into my phone. If I take 20 minutes on my lunch break I can write a section or two. Since I'm only having to write 400-500 words at a time I can do a section on my lunch break and maybe a section before I go inside sitting in my car.

It might not be appetizing to everybody but I find a lot of my best time to write is while I'm sitting in the bathroom doing my business. A lot of people like to read while they sit on the toilet. I like to write. If you're able to write down everything you're thinking as you speak it, you can be surprised how much you can get written.

I make time whenever I can find it. If I'm sitting in front of the TV by myself, I try to notice that moment and pause the TV and write instead. The problem is making myself aware I'm sitting in front of the television doing nothing. Sometimes I don't feel like writing and I have to force myself to pick up my phone and speak a few words into the document.

I have a lot of these moments. If I'm working out in the yard, I tend to take a lot of breaks. I don't want to work hard when I'm at home. That's why I go to work. I will sit in a chair and enjoy the outdoors. The weather may be beautiful and sitting outside dictating into my phone while I enjoy nature is one of the coolest things I think anyone can experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment