Monday, March 14, 2016

The Fourth Book I'm Writing is on Twitter

I use Twitter a lot. Mostly I use it to post quotes and Haiku and information about my books. I try my best to get involved with other people who are interested in prepping or writing. 

Just like Facebook I find that Twitter struggles when I'm posting the same stuff all the time. I wondered if I could actually write a book 140 characters at a time. I know a lot of people do this. They write stories using a couple sentences at a time. They create a narrative that will make people continue to read their work.

The book I'm writing right now is about unique garden containers. I came up with 21 different kinds of containers you can use that are not traditional flower pots or your normal buckets. I thought coming up with different kinds of ideas for each one of these containers will help gardeners like myself who are trying to make things easier on themselves and cut the cost of gardening down to the bare minimum.

If I write 7 to 10 different tweets about one chapter, one kind of unique garden container, then I won't ever have to repeat myself. People can read what I'm posting and when I start a new book next month they will read new posts about a completely different subject. This means I will always have something to talk about and the information will be fresh and people will be happy that I'm not just repeating myself over and over and over again like many of the Twitter people out there do today.

The only downside to writing a book on Twitter is your wordcount tends to be a lot less than if you were writing it on a blog or Facebook. Since you only get 140 characters, you might have about 30 words total for each post. This may mean that when I go to edit the finished book, I may have to add a lot more information to help explain my thoughts and expand on the tweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment