Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Would you live in a tiny house?

By now I think everyone has heard of the tiny house craze. Some people want to know they can live in the smallest possible space. Some want to live on less than their means. Some want to save the planet by not endulging in the consumer debt trap. Some people build a tiny house as a place to vacation and get away from the rest of the world.

I have always wondered what it would be like to live in a home the size of my kitchen. It is not a lot of space. Humans don't need a lot of indoor space. We just want to live indoors where we can control the temperature. My ancestors did not have that luxury. 

My great-great-grandparents had a large family who lived in a two room cabin. The rooms were connected by a breezeway. I am sure they spent most of their day outside, only coming inside to sleep and to heal. I bet they did most of their cooking outside on a fire. They were farmers, so their diet was mostly vegetables.

I wonder what tiny houses will look like in the future. I think you will be able to buy one for a few thousand dollars. You will be able to pull it with your car and park it anywhere. 

I can see hundreds of tiny houses settled in one area. When your kids get old enough you help them build their own tiny house. They live near you then move the house to their own property when they turn 18 years old. 

I am sure most people will always want big elaborate homes but as the major population find it harder and harder to live in debt, we may have to live in smaller homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment