Saturday, March 12, 2016

Second Book Written Here on My Blog

The second way I intend to write a book is through posts on my blog. You're reading this here because I have posted each chapter as a separate post. I figure if I can write a chapter each day, post it on my blog then I will have a book within a month. My books tend to be about 24 to 30 chapters long.

I'm trying to post everyday so I can provide my readers something they can read. If I can post every day for a month I'll have a book but I will also have given quality information to the people who like to read my blog. Because I'm writing about the same subject they will be more likely to read every day. 

I discovered if I try to write a blog while I'm trying to write a book, one, if not both of them suffer. I think about one and start writing, then forget about the other. If I don't focus on a certain project then the information I have on that project will start to suffer. Writing a book seems to give me the drive to create content for my blog. If I can focus on that information then I will be able to go onto the next part of the book the following day

Having constant content for my blog will also draw traffic. If people see that I am constantly writing something new, they may bookmark it and come back often. I have an RSS feed which means they may subscribe to that feed and my blog posts will be automatically forwarded to them. This particular blog has an email sign up which will send each post to your inbox whenever I post something new.

I try to think about new things or alternate parts of the same subject. Like tomorrow, I will be talking about Facebook. I want to talk about how I'm using that platform to write another book. So I'm giving information to the readers on how they might have the ability to do the same thing on their different platforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment