Friday, March 11, 2016

First Book for this Month Written on Google Docs

I'm going to attempt to write for books this month. When I say books, I'm talking about 10,000 words or so for each of them. That means I'll be writing about 40 to 50,000 words this month between the four books. I think I can write all four of them at the same time using different platforms.

The first book I will be writing I intend to write on Google Docs. The reason I want to use Google Docs is because it is online, on the cloud. I can use my cell phone or the computer to write it and not worry about transferring the document. The other reason I want to write this on a program that is not seen by the public is so when I post it on Amazon I can set it as a KDP Select publication. It will be a book specifically published on Amazon and nowhere else. In a perfect world this would mean Amazon would help me promote it even if only a little bit.

I've already started this book and I'm several sections into it. I'm hoping to have it done by the end of March. I outlined this book in 21 sections plus an introduction and a conclusion. I should be able to finish it by the end of the month. The hope is to be ready to start four more books in the month of April. 

When I write a book on Google Docs I start by outlining a one-page synopsis for the entire book in my hand written notebook. I use one line for each section. Each section ends up being about 200 words. I average between 4 to 7 paragraphs. I try to make it short enough to get the point across but long enough to feel like the information is adequately presented. 

When I use Google docs I write with my cell phone most of the time. I like using the dictation feature on my iPhone. I find I can write 10 times faster than typing it. I also don't have to bring out the entire laptop and try to find a comfortable place to sit down and type. All I have to do is dictate into my phone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment